Friday, October 28, 2011

Review: Tropical Traditions Virgin Coconut Oil

Taken from Tropical Traditions site:

How is This Oil Used?

Virgin Coconut Oil is a food, and is one of the best cooking oils you can use. It has been a staple cooking oil for thousands of years in tropical climates. As a cooking oil, its chemical structure is kept in tact and therefore is resistant to mutations of fatty acid chains even when used in higher cooking temperatures, unlike most vegetable oils. Research shows that the medium chain fatty acids found in coconut oil boosts the body’s metabolism, raises body temperatures, and helps provide greater energy which can lead to weight loss. For hundreds of tasty recipes from people who use coconut oil, visit FreeCoconutRecipes.com. Virgin Coconut oil is rich in lauric acid, a nutrient that supports the body’s immune system. Lauric acid is also found in human mother’s milk.  Dr. Mary Enig suggests the average adult include about 3.5 tablespoons of coconut oil per day in their diet to take in an equivalent amount of lauric acid that a nursing infant would receive from breast milk.

I really can't wait to use my Coconut oil, I have found a lot of good recipes on FreeCoconutRecipes.com I am just dying to try out. So look for a follow up review after I really get to use my oil for my Thanksgiving dinner. I will be sure to post pictures and everything of what I make.


No comments:

Post a Comment